Friday, February 21, 2020

Idea Napkin No. 1


1. I am Blake Rubenstein and I am a business major from Miami, Florida. I have a passion for sports whether it is watching or participating. I am good at communicating and work very well with other people. My aspirations include someday opening up a sports-related business or taking on other entrepreneur-type of ventures. If I were to start this business concept, I would see this as a side venture compared to something I have an actual passion for. I would think this business as a short term option as a career choice in my life.

2. The service that I am providing to customers is giving students on Fraternity Row more spots to park in. This will be achieved by building a parking lot near the houses on Fraternity Row so it can be easily accessed by the students who live at these houses.

3. My customers can be categorized as male students who attend the University of Florida. These students are in fraternities and specifically live on Fraternity Row. Their ages can range anywhere from 18 to 22, depending on what student year they are classified as by the University of Florida. These students are also the ones who have either a car or scooter or both.

4. Customers will pay money to use our service because they are currently extremely frustrated and dissatisfied with the parking on Fraternity Row. Parking on Fraternity Row is a hassle, there is a lack of spots and the spots are small for certain vehicles. The service I am providing these fraternity students solves all the problems that they encounter with their current parking situation. There will most likely be extra spaces in the lot and the spaces will be able to fit a wide variety of vehicles that students drive.

5. The lack of parking on the campus at the University of Florida makes it easy for this service to succeed. Students who park on Fraternity Row must have a red decal and pay $80 per semester to obtain a potential spot (a spot that is not even guaranteed). The spots that are going to be provided with the lot that will be built will guarantee students spots and larger spaces than the current ones on Fraternity Row. Students frustrations will turn into content when it comes to my solution.

I think that the combination of all these elements would fit very well together. I believe that my skills correspond well with the types of customers that my service targets. In addition, I think that the service I am providing is extremely relevant to students who live on fraternity row and the timing of a new parking lot could not be better due to all the information I gathered from my interviews. I believe that each aspect of my business concept work hand-in-hand with each other, which will bring much success.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Blake,
    We have similar interests. I love sports as well, while I do not participate in them anymore, my dream job is to become an Athletic Trainer at the collegiate or NFL level. I think if you were to put more into this venture it can possibly become a long term such as opening a facility where athletes can be trained etc. Moreover, we are addressing the same issue, with parking on campus. Your idea focuses on the price and having a guaranteed parking spot, while as mine focuses on safety and more convenient parking. It is unique to see how someone can have the same idea and utilize it differently.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Blake! I agree that, with your current aspirations, this parking lot business would primarily just be a short term thing. Unless you wanted to open up a contracting company or become an architect of some sort, this plan would fix a problem at the moment and you would be on your way with the rest of your life. I think that you should think more about your customer demographics. You mentioned that your customers would be male, but Frat Row is close to many dorms and there is at least one sorority that I know of that is located on Frat Row. I agree that parking there is a huge hassle, but analyze more of your actual clientele and you may have more people backing you in your business idea/opportunity!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Blake! I definitely understand the opportunity your describing, and its great that your plan is so well detailed. You describe your target consumers very well, and give excellent reasons to support your idea. Great work!

    ReplyDelete