Friday, February 28, 2020

Halfway Reflection



To keep up with the requirements of this course, you must be organized. All the assignments are due at the same time on the same days. As a result, I have made sure to set a time and day each week to complete these assignments, so I do not submit them late or forget to do them. This has helped me become better at my time-management skills and become more organized.

I felt like giving up when I was completing my interviews for my product. It was hard to find people that fit into the criteria I was targeting and some of the people that I found that fit the criteria did not treat the interview seriously. I eventually got through it by taking a break and listening to some calm music. I eventually went back out, searched for more people and it ended up working out. I feel like I have developed a tenacious attitude during the past two months because of this course. A good example was the experience I just mentioned. Although I was a little frustrated, I know I have to do my work and complete it to the best of my abilities if I want to get a good grade in this class. 

Three tips I would offer next semester’s students about fostering the skills to support tenacity and developing the “tenacious mindset” include:
1.     Being open to criticism when it comes your blog posts and ideas
2.     Going to live lecture, actually paying attention because everything you are learning is applicable even if your goal is not to be an entrepreneur
3.     Being organized, pick days where you can work on this class because it is time-consuming  





3 comments:

  1. Hey Blake,

    I agree with everything you have said in this post! I can personally apply some of these to my life as well. While I am not a student who attends the live lectures, that is a tip I emphasized. Not attending the lectures and watching them online, in a sense creates laziness which has caused me to do poorly on some of the cupcakes so I am glad someone else emphasized this point as well, displaying the importance of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are the perfect tips for any student jumping into this course. It's vitally important to watch the lectures or attend the class to keep up with the assignments and of course learn something new that could even potentially spark an idea for you down the road. It's also just as important to be organized. Without a set schedule or prioritized list of tasks, you will most definitely fall behind in this course.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Blake! great work on this assignment! I completely agree with your analysis of how to be a great student, and you gave a lot of great tips that would definitely help any incoming student keep up with their assignments. Great job!

    ReplyDelete