Thursday, April 2, 2020

Reading Reflection No. 2

The Art of Social Media: Power Tips for Power Users, Guy Kawasaki

1.     The general theme of this book was how to help someone to grow their social media account and their presence on certain media outlets. Some of the lessons the book taught me were to take care of my social media accounts as if it is a business, give content that your followers will actually want to see or hear and use other social media platforms to get your points across (utilize each one together).
2.     The book enhanced what I was learning in ENT 3003 based off the idea that it is vital to expand one’s social/business network and connecting to your target audience is key. Both of these were huge points made in the book and throughout this class, and I was happy to go into deeper detail on them while I was reading the book.
3.     If I had to design an exercise for this class based on the book, I would have the exercise be bringing your product to social media. This would be possibly making an account and promoting your product on these social media applications such as Twitter, Instagram or Facebook and seeing the people who would realistically be interested in the product.
4.     I honestly thought that the biggest “aha” moment I had when reading the book was when it discussed the lesson of giving content that your followers actually want to see rather than posting stuff about yourself/interests. This definitely makes sense to me now; as an entrepreneur, it is vital to gain interest and attention to your account by providing things your target audience (followers) want to see.

2 comments:

  1. Hi there Blake Rubenstein! Great work on your post! I didnt read the same book you did, but it seems like you enjoyed it! I thought it was very interesting how you analyzed the book and what you learned from it. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Blake,
    This was a great post, I wish I would have read this novel! I think it is important to take care of our social media accounts especially when applying to big corporations and even universities.

    ReplyDelete