Friday, April 24, 2020

Final Reflection





By completing this course, I was able to exit out of my shell and become a new and more confident person. Countless experiences contribute to this; however, one of the most interesting ones was the Figuring Out Buyer Behavior assignment. By completing this assignment, I interviewed random students which made me uncomfortable in the beginning. Although I consider myself outgoing and social, I was nervous but it ended up being a really great experience and one that I will not forget. In addition, the secret sauce assignment was one of the most enjoyable ones. Having friends give me their opinions on some of my strengths and personality traits was interesting to hear. Some of my friends gave answers I was expecting and others see some of what I thought were my weaknesses as strengths.

I definitely see myself as more of an entrepreneur than I was before I took this class. I have always thought I had a business/entrepreneur side to me since my dad and grandparents are entrepreneurs/business owners. I think I have developed an entrepreneurial mindset because of this class and I am thankful for it.

My one recommendation I would make to students who are going down an entrepreneurial path in the future is do not be defined by your failures. Everyone fails, but not everyone is determined to turn their failure into success. It takes a large amount of grit, passion and mental toughness to truly learn from your mistakes and turn it into a positive learning experience. To perform best in this class, you should watch the lectures and be organized. As long as you stay organized and do not forget to complete or submit an assignment, you should do well. In order to foster that mindset, you have to be prepared to step out of your comfort zone for whatever an assignment asks of you and make time to complete the work.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Blake! I've loved following along with your business idea and can't believe we've reached the end. I agree with you that the secret sauce assignment was eye-opening. It was nice recognizing the qualities of myself that I had not before. I am also thankful for my entrepreneurial mindset. I think these mindsets will help all of us in life. I agree with you about your recommendation. It was important for me to realize that and after reading a book and multiple posts, as well as listening to lectures, I have realized that failure truly takes you farther than only success. It was hard for me to realize this, but once I did, it changed my experiences. I also agree that organization is a key to this course. Great last post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Blake, I'm glad you took away something positive from this course. I had a similar experience to you where I felt like many of these assignments lead me to be more outgoing and assertive by leaving my comfort zone and speaking to and asking questions that I normally wouldn't experience. I also see myself as much more of an entrepreneur and have built up confidence to go after my ambitions and what I want.

    ReplyDelete