Thursday, March 26, 2020

Idea Napkin No. 2

1.     I am Blake Rubenstein, a sophomore business management major from Miami, Florida. I am really into athletics and being active whether it is on or off the field/court. I really enjoy working with others and like to believe that they feel the same way. I am also a great communicator and empathize extremely well. I see my current business concept playing a very minimal role in my life (as I stated in my last idea napkin). If I were to start it, it would be a one-time opportunity that would be done and then I would move on from it.

2.     I am providing my customers a parking lot close to Fraternity Row that will offer these students a large quantity of spaces to park their car or scooters in. In addition, these spaces will be larger than the current spots on Fraternity Row so that any vehicle can park here with no problems. This fills the customer’s current unmet needs.

3.      The customers that I am providing this product to is people that live on or near Fraternity Row. These University of Florida students are aged from 18-22 and all drive certain types of vehicles or scooters. To add to this, these students can either live in a dorm, the houses along Fraternity Row, or the sorority that is also situated nearby.

4.     Customers care about my solution and will pay money for it because it solves their current unmet needs. This lot will be way more convenient to them in every way possible. It is close to where they live, there will be a large supply of spots, and every type of vehicle or scooter can fit in these spaces without a problem.

5.   The things that sets me apart from everyone else is I do not care about the money involved. Although this seems like a bad mindset to have for a business, being one of these students who suffers from this issue and knowing other students that also suffer from it makes it personal. I want to solve this problem to help other students out and do it so they are not affected by this problem anymore.

I think that all of these elements work extremely well with each other. When people know what my true goal is and what I am aiming to accomplish, they will really want to invest their time and money in my product. I am a student who is affected by this issue so I know what the others need and I will provide it to them at a more than reasonable price.

Some of the things I took to heart from the feedback I received on the last idea napkin include adding a certain customer demographic to my customer segment. I had to realize that this problem is not only for the students that live on Fraternity Row because they are not the only students that park in this lot. I understand that anyone with the certain University of Florida decal can park there, and the majority of these students can include students living in dorms nearby or the sorority house right next to Fraternity Row. I took this into account and added it to this current idea napkin.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Blake!
    I am glad that you took the feedback from your first post into consideration in this post. I think that is is very important to take into consideration all of the people that may want your parking lot to be introduced. With more people backing your idea, it may be easier to get it introduced to the people that need to approve the idea. In these regards, maybe something like an online petition would be perfect to get the idea in the eyes of the people that can actually make the change happen. I think it is also important that you realize that your idea can result in more convenience for many parking on campus, especially since they are already paying for a spot. Convenience is everything for college students.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Blake! Great work on this idea napkin! I can definitely tell how you took the feedback from the first one and used it to improve your plan.Your idea napkin was incredibly well-detailed, interesting, and thoughtful. Your analysis of each part and how they effected your product was also very thorough. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Blake, it is great that you were able to use the feedback given to you to make your business idea even better. Everyone is always looking for better parking and it is clear from this assignment that you have the passion to find a solution. I liked Carlie's idea of setting up a petition so that you can show the administration that people really need more parking in that area of campus.

    ReplyDelete