Thursday, January 30, 2020

My Entrepreneurship Story


As a kid, I was always interested in what my dad actually did at his job as the owner of a small business. My father is an entrepreneur and with him being my role model, I quickly garnered an interest in the business field, specifically entrepreneurship. In the summer going into my senior year of high school, I attended the Marshall School of Business’ entrepreneurship program at the University of Southern California. By doing this program I was able to see what it takes to be a successful entrepreneur and saw similar skills in each accomplished entrepreneur. As a result of exposing myself to this program, I gained interest towards starting a business in the future and even established a small business idea with other group members at the time. We called other companies and investors to see the likelihood of success with our small idea.
I enrolled in ENT 3003 to gain back my interest in entrepreneurship. Being a business student and having to take courses that may not interest me is a struggle. I prefer taking a class like entrepreneurship in which I can be creative and not just solve for one solution. I hope to get my skills and interest entrepreneurship back from this class. I want to be able to think outside the box and come up with creative solutions to current world issues. Although this class will not directly assist me in my goal, it will help bring me much closer to my dream of being a successful entrepreneur.


4 comments:

  1. Hi Blake,

    As an entrepreneur myself, I can assure you that owning your own business has both pros and cons, but the upside potential and autonomy far exceeds having any reservations, in my opinion. How did your idea turn out? Were other companies interested? Keep at it and figure out a niche that can be taken advantage of. Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Blake


    I definitely agree with you regarding taking classes that are not interesting, while I am not a Business major, I understand the struggle. However, I think you have it in you to be creative regardless on whether or not you take this class. I think if you sit down and really become in-tune with the issues of the world that you want to solve, you will be able to come up with a solution.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blake,

    I am overjoyed that you exposed yourself so thoroughly to your program. I too see my dad as my role model, so I appreciate your honest interpretation of his work and its integration in your life. I hope that these entrepreneurship ventures lead you to success as you seem to have the right drive for the work. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Blake! I totally agree with you in the sense that this class peaked my interest and thats hard since were exposed to so many classes that we may not enjoy or find that much interest in. Also, I like the fact you went to an entrepreneurship program in high school! My senior year I went to a similar writing program at Eckerd College in St. Pete.

    ReplyDelete